National Museum

Dating back to 1438, the building which today houses the Liechtenstein National Museum has a long and varied history. The building – today part of the former Administrator’s House – has acted as the princely tavern, a customs house and the seat of the government 

The Red House

The Red House, a gabled stairs structure with a large tower containing living quarters, is located in the Mitteldorf area of Vaduz. The house gets its name from the dark-red colour the building has had since the middle of the 19th century. Documents show that 

Old bridge over the Rhine

The “Alte Rheinbrücke” is a covered wooden bridge linking the municipalities of Vaduz and Sevelen. Measuring 135 metres in length, it was completed in 1901 and is today the only remaining wooden bridge spanning the Rhine. Another wooden bridge was, in fact, erected at the 

The Postage Stamp Museum

The Postage Stamp Museum tells the history of Liechtenstein’s postal service over the years and displays a large number of postage stamps past and present. The Postage Stamp Museum was founded in 1930 and opened in 1936. It is situated in the centre of Vaduz, 

Vaduz Castle

Vaduz Castle lies on a hillside 120 metres above Vaduz. It is the symbol of the capital and can be seen from far away. It is thought that the castle was constructed as a fortress as early as the 12th century, before living quarters were 

Vaduz

The Principality of Liechtenstein has an area of 160 square kilometers, which makes it one of the smallest states in Europe. The princely residence presides high above the little town of Vaduz, which is the capital of the principality and has about 5,000 inhabitants. The